July 14, 2010

New Days

What I'm Doing: Listening to Oldspice's responses to YouTube users.

212:
So I've been back in Gilbert, Arizona for a while now. Much longer than the breaks I took throughout City Year, and I feel like I'm finally beginning to regain a rhythm. But now that City Year is over, I've been taking time to really focus and think about what I want to write about.

I could choose to retell the occasional events and stories that I experience on a day to day basis. For example, when I drove down to Tucson a week and a half ago in my family's truck. My radiator exploded 30 miles from my destination, leaving me stranded on the side of the road for two hours in the Arizona summer inferno.

I could discuss my life. But then again, that isn't exactly the goal of this Blog. Sure it's great for me to share bits and pieces, but in the long run this is a journal of my thoughts and opinions, not my actions.

Since I'm not designing a Blog that is an autobiography as well, I feel like TWO-12 needs to capture one of my interests. In a sense, it already does during the beginning of each post or article. Those scant little poems. Those quirky short stories.

Writing creatively is one of my larger interests. So, why wouldn't I use this Blog throughout the summer (and other times occasionally) to express that?

Over the course of my remaining leisurely time, TWO-12 will host a series of fictional posts. Each post will contain whatever I've written creatively throughout the previous week, and may or may not appear on every given Wednesday. But just because they're not thrown out on the same day every week for the months of July and August doesn't mean there isn't going to be four posts still for each month. You can bet there will still be four posts!

I'll end this post with a story I wrote a long, long time ago. As I've searched through my room to get ready for the University, I've uncovered several hidden gems. This is one of them.

The Adventures of Captain Ralf (Part One)
Age of Sam McGuffin: 9-10
All writing copied, including spelling/grammatical errors

One wide morning where the sun had just appered in a glowing red flash, in a town called Dingioka a strange, determined boy named Ralf was whizzing through a corn field with a mean farmer, whos name was Jon, hot on his heals. Ralf was a boy at the age of seventeen was telling the farmer that it was only an accident that the chickens and roosters got loose. “Please” begged Ralf, “It was only an accident.”

“Yah really!” The farmer shouted back in a way you could barly tell he was being sarcastic. Ralf begged on “Pretty please with a cherry on top?”

“Don’t you try to sweet mouth me you no good scum eaten, corn stealin’, piece of dirt!” the farmer yelled back in a way you could hear his voice raising like an avalanche rushing through the snow. Ralf sped up feeling a icy hand of fear gripping his heart as he went faster, faster on, while the farmer was still hot on his heals. Ralf thought if he told the farmer a little nicer that the farmer might let him go. “Here goes nothin’.” Said Ralf. “I swear to who knows where, it was only an accident!”

But yet again the farmer shouted, now his voice was like a metior going through the atmosphere at 100 million miles per hour, “You better get runnin’,” said the farmer, “cause if I catch you I am going to make you dance!”

So Ralf went as fast as his bare feet would take him. Till he reached the plains Tonorso and Mount Vast. There a police officer dressed in a navy blue coat and a yellow tiped hat, addressed Ralf in a important manner “Come here bo, what is your name? Where do you live?” Ralf answered quickly “My name is Ralf, and I live two miles down Tonorso.”

“I see, so, why are you close to the King’s castle now?” asked the officer. Ralf went a little closer then answered, “I was chased by a farmer over yonder- in the corn field, all the way to here.”

“So you live in the Sinka section?” the officer asked knowingly. Ralf answered as quick as lighting, “How’d y’know?”

“Oh, I have my ways, now will you come to the castle? Thank you! Follow me and stay close.” The officer said. Ralf knew he was fast, but this officer was like lightning! Ralf had to jog to keep up with the officer’s strides. The walk was as long as a never-ending cloud, the walk was also hard on Ralf’s feet, which were bare.

Once they got to the castle, what he saelped the monstor. Thud! Then the monstor droped to the ground, senseless. “Nice o…” said Ralf. Noticing the boy had left. “Whoa, aahh… close wasn’t it?” the officer said in a worried voice.

“Why did you cower?” Ralf said. “Didn’t you see those…”

“Oh… yeah. I’m sorry.” Apologized the officer. “You know what, let’s go see the King of Dingoka.

Pages 1-6/18 of Captain Ralf. 

------

The rest of Captain Ralf will be continued throughout the rest of July.

-TWO-12

1 comment: